Craft: Call The Midwife Blanket
Call The Midwife blanket started on 0/6/17 and finished on 19/12/17
I made this blanket for my partners mum using red and pink sparkle yarn from B&M
I used a 3.5mm hook and the pattern I made up myself as I couldn’t find a pattern to make the squares singly.
what I liked about this project is how it looked when I had finished the blanket and I was really pleased that the person it went to likes it as well. once it was done the colours looked better together as I didn’t think they were going to. next time I will remember to sew my ends in as I am going as there were loads at the end to sew in and thank you to my friends at crocheting who helped to sew them in. I would also change the yarn as I wasn’t liking the feel of the yarn when I was working with it. I would also keep my first idea instead of changing it half way through then it wouldn’t have taken so long.
to do a single crochet call midwife square you need to:
- chain 23
- Dc in 7th chain from the hook, skip 1, dc (do this until you have 8 dc and 7 spaces) chain 2, skip 2 dc in the last chain space. ch 4 and turn
- skip chain 2 space, dc in the next 15 which is 1 in the dc and one in spaces, chain 2 and dc in 3rd chain 4, ch 4 and turn
- skip ch2 space, DC into next 6 DC, ch3 skip 3 st, DC into next 6 DC of BL ch 2 DC into 3rd chain of ch 4. Ch 4 turn
- Skip ch 2 space. DC into next 4 DC, Skip 2 DC, ch 4, sc into 2nd ch of ch3, ch 4, skip remaining ch space and 2 DC. DC into last 4 DC of BL. ch 2 DC into 3rd chain of ch 4. Ch 4 turn.
- Skip Ch 2 Space. DC into next 4 DC. DC into next 2 ch of the previous ch4, (now you should have 6 DC) Ch 3, Next DC into the last ch2 of 2nd ch4 of the previous round. DC last 4 DC.ch 2 DC into 3rd chain of ch 4. Ch 4 turn.
- skip ch2 space DC into each st. (15 DC) you will be placing a DC into each of the ch 3. ch 2 DC into 3rd chain of ch 4. Ch 4 turn.
- Skip ch 2 space DC, ch 1, skip one st, DC repeat across BL. (You will have 8 DC and 7 Ch 7 spaces.) ch 2 DC into 3rd chain of ch 4. Ch 4 turn.
- skip ch 4 space dc, *skip 1, dc (do this until you have 8 dc and 7 spaces) chain 2, skip ch space 2, dc in the last stitch and fasten off
I really do hope that made sense and you enjoyed reading how I made the call the midwife blanket.